Bring Your Own Reusable Water Bottle for H2O!
Main Stage Entertainment
- Keynote with Mayor Justin Cummings
- Guest Speaker, Dr. Jackie Busse, Plant-based Kids Expert and Pediatrician
- Live Music from SambaDá
- Climate Action Pledge Mural with Made Fresh Crew, Taylor Reinhold
- Recycled Fashion Show
- And more!
Kid Friendly Activities
- See and talk with winners from the Earth Day Environmental Class Project Challenge
- Arts and Crafts
- Gymnastics/Tumbling Area
- Climbing Wall & Photo Booth
- Face Painting
- Music with Mothersong
- Collect Green Passport Stamps (while supplies last)
- Electric Vehicle Test Drives (later I will want to link to the Sign Up Genius for pre-sign ups)
- One-on-one with Electric Vehicle Owners
- Electric Vehicle Display Cars
- E-bike Test Rides
- Building Electrification in Santa Cruz
- Solar Energy Solutions
- Carbon-free Electricity with Monterey Bay Community Power
- Electric Vehicle Showcase & Test Drives
- Zero Waste Zone: Recycle, Reuse, Compost…DIY and Learn!
- Delicious Vegetarian and Vegan Food
- Beer and Wine Garden
- Notable Environmental Speakers sponsored by VegFest
- Bike Valet Service…enter for a chance to win cool cycling prizes
- Meet and Greet the Recycling Fairy
- Graduates of the City’s 2019 and 2020 Master Recyclers program will assist visitors with recycling activities and questions. Take the Recycling Challenge and win a cool prize!
Keynote with Mayor Justin Cummings
I’m an educator and environmentalist. I moved to Santa Cruz to pursue an education in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology at UCSC, and I earned my Ph.D. in 2013. My work for the Doris Duke Conservation Scholars program allows me to support conservation efforts around the globe and to educate a new generation of environmental and conservation leaders.
Hear from guest speaker, Dr. Jackie Busse, She is the lead author and editor of the newly-released Pediatric Quick Start Guide from the Plantrician Project and is the pediatric lecturer for the Plant Based Nutrition certification program through eCornell. She currently teaches a regularly occurring whole-food, plant-based nutrition appointment series and is active in the community, speaking to local interest groups and schools.