A full list of online activities and links coming soon! Below is a preview of upcoming activities.
Restoring the Earth
Hosted by Santa Cruz County, meet Public Works Director Matt Machado and learn more about restoring the planet:
Restore the Planet with Matt Machado
Meet Mother Earth and her Friends. Find out what you can do to help restore the earth:
Produced by the City of Santa Cruz Recycling Center:
Other Earth Day Content:
Kid Friendly Activities
EVs for Everyone
Electric vehicles (EVs) are in your reach! You could qualify for $5000 to $14,000 toward the cost of buying or leasing a new or used electric vehicle. Learn how at our free EV Financial Clinic.
Join this webinar to find out just how affordable EV’s really are. We’ll do the cost breakdown on how income qualified individuals are getting money put back in their pockets or leasing for as low as $40/month.
We’ll discuss electric vehicle basics: charging, battery range, new vs. used, and the following financial considerations:
- EV costs are going down and incentives are generous, making these cars a smart financial choice for more families – in many cases even more affordable than a gas car.
- Households making under $104,800 (for a family of 4) can qualify for $14,000 in incentives (which could pay the entire cost of a three-year EV lease) or get a $5,000 grant toward a used EV.
- Other incentives are available for drivers of all income levels.
- EV fuel costs the equivalent of $1.50/gallon of gasoline.
- EVs have half the maintenance costs of gasoline vehicles.
- EVs are very fun to drive, convenient to refuel, have zero tailpipe emissions, and reduce carbon pollution by 75-100%.